Friday, June 13, 2008

Para mau

Mi tradversión de un poema que le gusta:

Entre irse y quedarse

The day hesitates between departing or staying
In love with his own transparence

The circling afternoon is now ashore:
Swings the world on her cradle.

All is visible and yet elusive,
All is close and yet untouchable.

Papers, books, glass and pencil
Rest in the shadows of their names.

The beats of time against my forehead
Repeat the same old bloody syllable.

Light turns the wall’s indifference
Into a theatre of specters and reflections

I find myself on the eye`s center;
It does not look at me, I look at myself on its eyes.

Instant disperses. I stand still,
I, stay and leave, am a pause.

Octavio Paz

2 comments:

Black Bird said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
pero que preciosidá caray(el poema y ud también por supuesto, y no me importa lo que diga marco!)
quedó muy chingona la traducción, y le va muy bien a un gran poema jeje
se le quiere mucho(a pesar de tanta neurosis y exquisitez jaja)
(se nota que me gustan los paréntesis?) espero verla muy muy pronto e invitarle una chela como agradecimiento!(ah y para que ud. lo lea, digo recite, como es debido)

David Rivera said...

creo que te quedó mejor el poema a tí que a Paz :p
Dichosa que tú que conoces la lengua de Shakespeare....
Saludos!!